CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Sky's So Clear, We See All the Starburys

Believe it or not, there are two Ross teams in Uganda.  Four others are in Kumi, a small village about 5 hours from Kampala.  They're having quite a different experience.  For our readers who know Starbury, you might find our communications with him amusing.  We're meeting up with his team on Sunday for white water rafting on the Nile, but it sounds like we might find him on our doorstep any minute.  

We tried to call Starbury Sunday night after a few Niles.  Unfortunately, he gave me the wrong number.  Instead, Courtney and I ended up screaming "Starbury!! Starbury!!" to a random Ugandan man whom we had likely just woken up.  We have since figured out his number and can now have text convos like this one:

Starbury: Hey this is mike. Whats up!

S: Saw the website. You sure we're in the same Uganda?  

Whitney: Come Fri or Sat & party with us.  

S: Cool, cool.  I'll let you know if I can get a ride down there!  Can't be much further than Rick's to Woodbury...

S: Just took a boda boda {note: see boda labels on other blogs} 4 miles down a dirt road... in the dark... Kampala is like Beverly Hills compared to here!

W:  Yeah, we have running water AND electricity.  And ranch dressing.  We will show your country ass how the city folk roll.

S: Damn. I'm sitting in the dark!  Is it too hot to wear my leather jacket in the city?  It's coming in handy while sleeping under the stars here.

W: Leather = bad.  But Starbury jerseys abound.  

S: Sounds good. I'll let u people know

S: Did I mention we have to go to church here every morning from 8 to 9 am… 

W: At least you could pray for a ride to the city this weekend...

0 comments: